The Government reminds the public of the imperative necessity to respect the measures it adopted to slow down the spread of the virus COVID-19 in the population. These measures are listed in an administrative order executing the Law of 25 March 1885 concerning measures to take in order to counter the invasion and propagation of contagious diseases, as published in the Official Journal A 149.
The measures of shutdown of cultural, recreational, sports and HORECA facilities are absolutely necessary in order to safeguard public health, in regards to the pathogenic and contagious nature of the virus. The same is true for regulations which limit traffic on the public road network to the following activities:
- purchase of food, pharmaceuticals and basic necessities,
- going to health services,
- travel to the place of work for the exercise of the professional or commercial activity,
- assistance and care for the elderly, minors, dependent people, disabled people or particularly vulnerable people,
- travel to financial and insurance institutions in the event of an emergency,
- due to a case of force majeure or a situation of necessity,
- leisure activities (walking, jogging, playgrounds, ...), provided that an interpersonal distance of 2 metres is respected.
Compliance with the rules will be monitored by the grand ducal police. Failure to do so is punishable by fines and imprisonment, as provided for in article 2 of the above-mentioned Law.
Press release by the Ministry of Internal Security